There are many ways you can liven up your home décor without spending a great deal of money. You’d be surprised at how little you have to spend to make your dull, drab home or apartment bright, warm and welcoming.
Guys, you probably think Woman’s Day is a "chick" magazine and would never even think about picking one up to check out home decorating ideas, so we’ve brought those ideas to you here. Woman’s Day is known for its helpful hints—everything from how to get stains out of a shirt to how to make your living room look larger with plants.
If you’re a guy (or gal) living in a sparsely decorated home, with no knick knacks or plants, nothing in the fridge but condiments and beer, and blinds over the windows to keep it so dark even a vampire would find it depressing, we are here to help you transform your bachelor pad into a place any woman would love hanging out.
Freshen Up Your Home
Here are some great suggestions from Woman’s Day magazine to freshen up your home easily and inexpensively:
- Plants add life to any room. You don’t have to buy foo-foo flowers with bows and ribbons. Any plant will add some zest to your home and they even help to filter out pollutants. Some easy-to-care-for plants are money plants, spider plants and succulents. If you are known for being a plant serial killer, get a cactus. It’s virtually impossible to kill a cactus.
- Move your furniture around—this costs absolutely nothing and will give your home a fresh new look.
- Add a brown or black sleek table to give a room style and organization. If your living room seems scattered and not cohesive, a long black coffee table will work wonders bringing the room together and adding a touch of class.
- Accessorize your bathrooms with vibrant towels, toothbrush holder, waste basket and soap dish. Keep in mind that throwing a towel over the shower rod is not considered decorating. Try to buy matching towel sets and find accessories that go with your towels and shower curtain.
- Keep your bathroom guest-ready at all times. Women notice sloppiness and dirt. Keep your shower, sink and toilet clean at all times. If your lady thinks you’re a slob, you may never get her back inside your home.
- Buy a throw rug for a focal point. Find one that’s easy to clean, has an attractive design and fits nicely in the room you’ve chosen.
- Make your entryway welcoming and neat as this is the first area guests will see. A small table for mail and keys (adorned with fresh flowers) will make a great first impression.
- Hang photographs, with attractive frames that go with your décor, in your home. This gives off a warm feeling and sense of family. Let the ladies and other guests in your home see that you are loved by others, and maybe you’ll become more lovable in the eyes of your significant other.
- Keep your kitchen trash can in a cabinet under the sink if at all possible. If your garbage can simply will not fit in a cabinet, keep it clean and not overflowing with trash. Use air fresheners, if necessary, to keep your home smelling good.
- Paint old, drab furniture fun vibrant colors.
Moving into a new place? Looking to revamp your existing place? Modern Digs is the modern furniture for home and office headquarters. Modern Digs has sleek modern furniture for every room including the bedroom, dining room and living area. Check out our modern lighting and accessories, too!
posted on 1/10/2013